Power Saving Tips for your printer
Your printer consumes the most power in an office after your computer. We have listed some tips below to save power from your printer and help you achieve an energy efficient workplace.
1. Minimize your printer use by printing only when it is absolutely necessary. Your documents can be saved on to your hard drive or they can be emailed so they can be read directly from your monitor.
2. If your printer has a power save feature, you should ensure you use it as frequently as possible.
3. You should completely turn off printers and copiers at night as these devices continue to consume energy even when they are turned off but left plugged in at the wall!
4. Ensure you place your printer in a very well ventilated area so that the heat generated from the printer will be lessened and your air-conditioning will be used less.
7. Consider purchasing a multi-function machine or an all in one printer. This will limit the number of devices plugged in and consuming power.
8. Look for printers or copiers which have the energy star logo or one with advanced power management capabilities.