Saving Ink while using a HP ink cartridge
Trying to save ink whilst using a HP ink cartridge will save you a considerable amount of cash every month, especially if you use your printer frequently. If you do not monitor your printing habits you could end up spending hundreds of pounds unnecessarily every year on HP ink cartridges. This price could triple if you are in charge of purchasing HP ink cartridges for a small office.
Below we have some simple and effective tips that can help you save ink whilst using a HP ink cartridge. The majority of these tips are very simple and mainly use common sense. All you need to do is put them into action and you can start saving the pounds!
1. If you are printing pages from the internet, take the only the information you want to print and copy it into a document that you can then use to print, like Microsoft Word. Never waste your ink by printing entire WebPages when you only need a small section or a piece of the web-page. This is an excellent and easy way to save your ink. This is specifically true of WebPages that include lots of images or advertising, if you do not need or want the images, simply eliminate them by copying and pasting only the details you need.
2. You should always use the ‘print preview’ option where available, so you can see exactly what you are printing before its too late. Many people create a document they like and will never think to use the ‘print preview’ option, therefore they are likely to end up with a document that is not formatted in the manner that they desire. You can save yourself a great deal of time and printer ink by using the ‘print preview’ button so you will know exactly what you are getting.
3. If you don’t use your printer very often, you should try to print at least one small document or image twice a week. This will keep the ink circulating inside the cartridge and prevent any ink from drying onto the print head and clogging it. If you let your ink cartridges sit in the printer for too long without being used, they will slowly begin to dry up and you will start to experience problems. Therefore you need to ensure you use them frequently to keep the ink flowing!
4. Always make sure you switch your printer off properly after use. Don’t simply just unplug it from the wall. Always turn the printer off from the unit first, to ensure the cartridges are left sitting in the correct position in the printer. If you unplug the printer from the wall without turning the unit off first, the ink cartridges will be left exposed to the air and this will lead to any ink left on the print heads drying out. When you next come to use your printer you will find that your documents come out streaky and faded.
5. Avoid printing out colour unless it is absolutely necessary. Try to save your colour ink and only use your black ink wherever possible. Don’t let your black ink cartridge run out, as the printer will begin using your colour cartridge as a substitute. You really don’t want this to happen as the colour cartridge is always a lot more expensive to buy.